The SOPHIENSÆLE are looking for a communicative and motivated full-time production manager for the organisational and administrative preparation and realisation of in-house productions, festivals and guest performances in the SOPHIENSÆLE and external venues.
IN THIS CONTEXT, THE POSITION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING TASKS, AMONG OTHERS:
- Coordinating the transitions from artistic decisions to organisational procedures and processes
- Close cooperation with the departments of dramaturgy, artistic operations office, management, communications, technology and administration
- Budget management and controlling, as well as monitoring the correct use of funds in accordance with the law on subsidies and drawing up plans for the release of funds
- Preparatory accounting
- Cost research and calculation
- Communication with artists and agencies on production-related matters
- Advising artists on the application for and use of funds
- Communication with funding institutions on grant issues relevant to the project
- Creation and maintenance of schedules in collaboration with the artistic operations office
- Organisation and coordination of travel and accommodation in accordance with the Federal Travel Expenses Act (Bundesreisekostengesetz)
- Organisation of rehearsal rooms
- Contract management
- Application for permits and necessary licences/rights of use
- Collaboration in the preparation of proofs of use, factual reports and evaluations
- If necessary, supervision of production assistants
- General office duties
FOR THIS POSITION YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Professional experience in the field of production management/event organisation
- Sound experience in project management
- Knowledge of the liberal performing arts
- Confidence in dealing with public funding as well as planning and controlling project budgets
- Knowledge of the legal basis for international travel planning (e.g. Federal Travel Expenses Act, visa applications)
- Experience in communicating with artists/agencies on contract negotiations and all organisational matters related to events
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English
- Confident handling of the usual MS Office and Internet applications
- Independent, conscientious way of working
- Planning and organisational skills
- Open, appreciative and constructive communication style
- Independent, proactive, structured and thorough way of working
- High degree of organisational and team skills
- Loyalty and reliability
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends in event contexts
- A contract of employment with remuneration in line with TV-L E9
- A high degree of creative freedom
- The opportunity for regular, job-related further training
- A great team with flat hierarchies
- Flexible working hours according to the flexitime model
- Possibility of mobile work
Due to funding conditions, the position is initially limited until December 2023, further employment beyond that is sought.
The SOPHIENSÆLE are a production and performance space for the independent performing arts. Here, artists and groups from Berlin as well as from the national and international scene produce and present innovative and experimental artistic concepts, aesthetics, styles and formats. The programme includes dance, performance, theatre, music theatre and discursive formats. As a place that sees itself as open and receptive, the SOPHIENSÆLE seeks intensive contact with artists, audiences and exchange on socially relevant topics. In addition to the focus on promoting young talent, many renowned companies and artists work in long-term collaborations at the house. The SOPHIENSÆLE present over 100 projects a year and host various in-house and external festivals.
The SOPHIENSÆLE are committed to developing in a diverse and inclusive way. Applications from people with a relevant personal or professional background and experience are particularly encouraged. We particularly encourage people with structural discrimination experience to apply.
INTERVIEWS IN THIS PROCESS TAKE PLACE ON AN ONGOING BASIS. AS LONG AS THE ADVERTISEMENT ON OUR WEBSITE IS STILL ACTIVE, YOU ARE WELCOME TO SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS.
Please send your complete application to email@example.com with „Produktionsleiter*in“ in the subject line. It is not necessary to include a photo with your application. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Katrin Hartmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data protection: We process the data you provide in your application in order to be able to process and respond to your application. If necessary, the data will be forwarded internally. If we are unable to consider you for the advertised position, we will delete your data after three months. You can revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future. More information on data protection at www.sophiensaele.com or at email@example.com.