TANZTAGE BERLIN 2015
08-18 January 2015
Meanwhile also in its 24th edition, the Tanztage Berlin serves as a platform for the upcoming choreographic talents of the city. The focus of this year’s festival is the interdisciplinary nature of many young artists whose playing field is not just restricted to dance. They set out to discover new worlds or genres and address choreographic issues in pop culture such as: striptease and breakdance, club culture, talk shows and pop music – nothing is safe from their grasp.
The new format Strip Down to Everything makes the illusionary machine of the theater implode. In a performance obstacle course for each person, the choreographers test the limits of direct encounters and intimacy. Pushing the boundaries of contact, the Tanztage Berlin are teaming up with other international platforms of up-and-coming artists and will show two works from Sri Lanka this year. The eleven day long performance marathon with nine premieres and five revivals invites the public to discover new choreographic perceptions and to come celebrate contemporary dance with us at our fabulous party.
ARTISTIC DIRECTION Anna Mülter FESTIVAL MANAGEMENT Franziska Schrage COLLABORATION Cilgia Gadola MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE Raisa Kröger
The 24th Tanztage Berlin are a production by SOPHIENSÆLE. Funded by the Mayor of Berlin - Senatskanzlei - Kulturelle Angelegenheiten. Friendly supported by Goethe-Institut, Polish Institute Berlin, mapping dance berlin, Tanzfabrik Berlin and Halle Tanzbühne. media partners: taz.die tageszeitung, tanz, Zitty.
- Dragonetti + Gane + Koppe + Mears-Clarke + Trueheart + Vassinen: Strip down to everything
- Horwitz & Hess: Palais idéal
- Aoife McAtamney / Martin Hansen mit Ania Nowak: Softer Swells / A queer kind of evidence
- Boyz in the wood$: Sunsational Circle
- Tanztage Berlin + mapping dance berlin: Let's talk about dance
- Venuri Perera: Traitriot
- Sheena McGrandles + Zinzi Buchanan: Steve & Sam's Man Power Mix
- Lea Moro: Le Sacre du Printemps
- Claire Vivianne Sobottke + Tian Rotteveel: Golden Game
- Melanie Jame Wolf: Mira Fuchs
- Noha Ramadan / Vincent Riebeek: Los Angeles / Flaming Lamborghini
- Andriana Seecker + Axel „Micky“ Schiffler: Meet me as a Stranger
- Vincent Bozek + Simo Vassinen: Talk Show
- Cécile Bally / Ligia Lewis: An organizational Study, that's my work / Sorrow Swag
- Alexander Baczynski-Jenkins: Feeling real
- Rodrigo Garcia Alves: Cachonda